7 Tricks To Keep A Clean House
I know I find it hard to keep up with housework. After work and after a hard week's worth of work, all I want to do is go home and chill! Keeping a clean house is apparently easier than we think. Check out these seven tips from "cleaning experts" (whatever that means):
Fox News Magazine recently offered up these tips on how to keep your house clean all the time:
- Make your bed right after you get up in the morning. It should become a regular part of your routine just like brushing your teeth and getting dressed.
- Don't procrastinate. Dealing with stuff later means you accumulate clutter. So don't create piles (go through stuff immediately and organize it on the spot).
- Break down jobs into manageable chunks. Assign certain rooms to days of the week (like clean the bathroom every Tuesday, and do the laundry on Sunday).
- Get an empty basket and toss everything into it that doesn't belong in the room you're cleaning (then redistribute stuff to its proper spot later).
- Motivate yourself. Blast your favorite music while you go at it, and set time limits and offer yourself rewards for completed jobs.
- Hide cleaning supplies in each room. Most people keep all their cleaning supplies in one place...under the kitchen sink. Instead, tuck some supplies into every room.
- Invite people over. That always seems to produce a clean house!