Beartooth Highway Under Winter Weather Advisory Through Monday Morning
Tourist season has come to a close, bringing with it “Winter Weather Advisory Season”. The Beartooth Highway could see several inches and gusty winds through Monday morning.
According to the National Weather Service:
Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 9 am MDT
Monday for the Beartooth Highway.
- Impacts: snow packed and slick roads with blowing and drifting snow, resulting in very difficult travel conditions.
- Timing: periods of snow will continue through Monday morning.
- Snow accumulation: 4 to 6 inches by Monday morning.
- Winds: 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph.
- Hunters and others recreating in the high country should be
prepared for winter conditions.