Bozeman Winter Storm Warning Until 5am Thurs 2/23/2012
The National Weather Service in has issued a Winter Storm Warning for elevations above 6000 feet for heavy snow and blowing snow… which is in effect until 5 am MST Thursday.
Timing and main impact: widespread snow… heavy at times… will
combine with strong winds at the higher elevations to create
dangerous conditions in the mountains and passes of southwest
* Snow accumulations: total snow accumulations of one to two feet
are expected in the mountains. Higher southwest valleys…
including the West Yellowstone area could see 8 to 15 inches of
* Winds and visibility: strong winds in the mountains will cause
blowing snow with visibility reduced below one quarter of a
mile at times.
* Elevations: for elevations above 6000 feet.
* Other impacts: roadways will become snow covered and slick
causing hazardous driving conditions. Mountain recreation will
* Locations affected include: Battle Ridge Pass… Targhee Pass…
West Yellowstone… Raynolds Pass.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must… keep an extra flashlight… food… and
water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana… dial 5 1 1.