Bozeman Winter Storm Watch – Snow Thursday, Friday 4/5-4/6
Gotta love springtime in The Rockies. Bozeman has lots of snow in the forecast for Thursday night and Friday…up to 20+ inches in the mountains? DETAILS HERE:
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a Winter
Storm Warning for heavy snow… which is in effect until
midnight MDT Friday night. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in
* Timing and main impact: light snow will spread north today. The
snow will increase in intensity tonight… with the heaviest snow
is expected late tonight through mid day Friday… before
diminishing late Friday evening. Poor visibilities will hamper
* Snow accumulations: for the mountains total snow accumulations
of 10 to 20 inches are expected… but isolated amounts around 26
inches are possible near ridge tops. For lower
elevations… generally 5 to 9 inches are expected.
* Winds and visibility: northerly winds at 10 to 20 mph are
expected. The combination of winds and falling snow will reduce
visibilities below one quarter of a mile at times.
* Other impacts: roads will become snow covered and slippery.
Heavy wet snow could cause damage to trees and possible
power outages. Young unprotected livestock could become
* Locations affected include: Battle Ridge Pass… Bozeman…
Bozeman Pass… Targhee Pass… West Yellowstone… Big Hole
Pass… Chief Joseph Pass… Dillon… Monida Pass… Ennis…
Norris Hill… Raynolds Pass… Twin Bridges.