Bozeman Winter Weather Advisory TONIGHT 5/4/2012
Yeah. I know. Tonight could get messy but the good news is that next week things get better. Here are the details on the Bozeman Winter Weather Advisory for TONIGHT:
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for elevations above 5500 feet for snow… which
is in effect from 8 PM this evening to noon MDT Saturday.
* Timing and main impact: rain will change to snow for elevations
above 5500 feet this evening. A light snowfall is then expected
overnight and into Saturday morning.
* Snow accumulations: total snow accumulations of 2 to 4 inches
are expected for elevations above 5500 feet… with up to 6
inches possible near ridge tops.
* Visibility: visibilities will be reduced to less than one mile at
times in falling snow.
* Elevations: for elevations above 5500 feet.
* Other impacts: those recreating in the back country should be
prepared for winter like conditions tonight. Mountain passes
could be snow or slush covered at times overnight and into
* Locations affected include: Battle Ridge Pass… Bozeman Pass…
Targhee Pass… West Yellowstone… Big Hole Pass… Chief Joseph
Pass… Monida Pass… Boulder Hill… Elk Park Pass… Homestake
pass and Raynolds Pass.