Bozeman Winter Weather Advisory Until 10pm 1/21/2012
I've heard this story before but it IS actually snowing as I type this. That's a plus. Here's what's in store for us tonight:
A Winter Weather Advisory for elevations above 6000 feet remains
in effect until 10 PM MST this evening.
* Timing and main impact: snow will continue into the evening
hours for elevations above 6000 feet.
* Snow accumulations: snow accumulations will range from 2 to 5
* Winds and visibility: southwest winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts
up to 35 mph. Areas of blowing snow may reduce visibilities
to less than one mile at times.
* Elevations: for elevations above 6000 feet.
* Other impacts: expect roads to be snow covered and slippery.
* Locations affected include: Battle Ridge Pass... Targhee
Pass... West Yellowstone... Raynolds Pass... Big Hole Pass...
Chief Joseph Pass... Monida Pass.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana... dial 5 1 1.