Fire Weather Warning Through Tuesday 9/11/2012
A Red flag warning remains in effect until midnight MDT Tuesday night for low humidities, hot temperatures, strong gusty winds and wind shift with a cold front for most of south central Montana…
* affected area… in Montana… fire zones… 123… 124… 125… 126
* impacts… critical fire weather conditions will exist through
Tuesday evening due to very low humidity and gusty winds… and
passage of a strong cold front with a dramatic wind shift this
* Humidity… minimum humidity values of 6 to 11 percent
today… and 10 to 15 percent on Tuesday.
* Wind… west to southwest winds gusting between 30 and 40 mph
today… shifting to the west or northwest at those speeds this
evening. West to northwest winds gusting up to 25 mph Tuesday.
* Cold front… a strong cold front will pass through the area this
evening. The front will create a dramatic wind shift to the west
or northwest… with gusts up to 40 mph for several hours after
* Temperatures… highs generally in the upper 80s to around 90
today. Highs in the upper 60s to mid 70s Tuesday.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are
either occurring now… or will in the near future. A combination
of strong winds… low relative humidity… and warm temperatures
will create explosive fire growth potential.