Hot Chocolate Cookies Rock!
I'm convinced my pregnant wife is working hard to make sure I gain weight along with her. She's baking up a storm lately and if that storm didn't have me under its intoxicating, delicious spell I would tell her to stop. I mean...I came home to hot chocolate cookies today. Bring on the extra pounds! These cookies rock so hard, I forced her to share the recipe. You're welcome.
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup (1 Stick) Butter, softened
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips, melted, divided
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- Mini Marshmallows, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Beat sugar, butter and salt in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/4 cup melted chocolate; beat until well blended. Gradually add flour, beating after each addition.
- Shape dough by level tablespoonfuls into balls (refrigerate dough for one hour if too soft). Place two inches apart on prepared cookie sheets; flatten to 1/2-inch thickness. Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until firm. Cool on cookie sheets for 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks and let them cool completely.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon remaining melted chocolate onto each cookie. Sprinkle with marshmallow pieces; press gently into chocolate. Refrigerate until set.