Latest Construction Update From Yellowstone National Park
Construction has begun between the South Entrance and West Thumb. Here is their plan in case you are trying to organize a trip to the park.
Week of July 31, 2017:
- Contracting crews will sweep and complete minor patching.
- Flaggers could potentially be used to assist with traffic flow, but no major delays are anticipated.
Week of August 7, 2017:
- Contracting crews will begin sealing the road.
- Drivers should expect up to 30 minute delays.
- Crews will also work on Saturday, August 12.
There will be no construction on this section of road on August 21st, the day of the Great American Eclipse.