March Madness – By the Numbers
The NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament is quickly approaching, and personal finance website WalletHub released its March Madness 2016 By The Numbers report, which breaks down this billion-dollar basketball, betting and business craziness:
Interesting stats from WalletHub:
- $1.9 Billion – Hourly losses by companies due to unproductive workers during March Madness.
- $9 Billion – Estimated amount wagered on the 2015 NCAA tournament ($7 billion illegally).
- 81% – Of HR professionals say their organizations don’t have policies addressing office pools.
- 2X – Easier to win back-to-back Mega Millions lotteries than it is to fill out a perfect bracket.
- 17.5 Million – Barrels of American beer produced each March, compared to an average of 14M in all other months.
To check out more interesting stats from WalletHub, visit wallethub.com/blog/march-madness-statistics/11016/