Contact Us

Montana Woman Dies in Texas Electrical Accident

iStockphoto.com

TEXAS CITY, Texas (AP) — A Montana woman visiting family in Southeast Texas has died after picking up a lamp from some wet ground and being electrocuted.

The Galveston County Daily News (http://bit.ly/1eA99Ve ) reports the accident happened Sunday night in Texas City.

Fire Marshal Dennis Harris says the victim, whose name and hometown weren’t immediately released, was barefoot in a wet yard. A table lamp being used outside was connected to an extension cord plugged into a socket inside the house. Harris says the woman was electrocuted when she touched the lamp.

Inspectors after the accident found electrical work not up to code at the house that had several additions.

Harris had electricity cut to the house following the accident. He says the wiring must meet code requirements before power will be restored.

Best of The Moose 95.1 FM

Recommended For You

Around the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://mooseradio.com using your original account information.

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

(Forgot your password?)

Register on The Moose 95.1 FM quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a member? Sign up here

Register on The Moose 95.1 FM quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!