My Top 10 Running Songs (Sure To Get You An Extra Mile)
I hate lists involving music because ranking music that connects with me is the hardest thing in the world for me to do. Alas, I somehow have created a Top Ten List of Songs to Run To. This fine mix of tempo and melodic energy is the only personal trainer I need on the road or trail. Hopefully someone out there enjoys!
This playlist should really keep the wheels turning (there's only a couple cliche tunes). Hopefully, it gets you into the required zone:
- Coldplay - "Fix You" (the breakdown at the end, fahgetaboutit)
- Placebo - "Running Up That Hill" (far better than the original in terms of running)
- The Prodigy - "Smack My Bitch Up" (you will be a bitch to a faster pace)
- Finger Eleven - "One Thing" (melodic slow tempo that puts you into a robotic running zone - amazing!)
- Nine Inch Nails - "Suck" (NIN make awesome running music!)
- Florence and the Machine - "Dog Days Are Over"
- The Verve - "Bittersweet Symphony"
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Can't Stop"
- Rage Against The Machine - "Sleep Now in the Fire"
- Cake - "The Distance"