One of my Favorite Forest Service Cabins is now Available Through November – Meyers Creek Cabin
Some folks don't like to share good stuff like this, but I don't mind sharing one of my best kept secrets - the Meyers Creek Forest Service Cabin is going to be available to rent all the way through November 27th which is WAY longer than normal.
According to the National Forest Service:
Meyers Creek Cabin, west of Nye, MT, will now be reservable through November 27, 2016. The Meyers Creek Cabin, which was built in 1906, has traditionally been open to the public only for the months of May, June, and July.
- The cabin, which costs $45/night to rent, is accessible by vehicle, but 4-wheel drive is recommended during wet and snowy weather.
- The road is not plowed during the winter, but snow is usually packed down in October and November due to hunting traffic up the Meyers Creek/Lodgepole Rd.
- In the event of a large snow storm, there are no other parking alternatives along the Meyers Creek/Lodgepole Rd.
- Visitors should be aware that there is private property along the road, and driveways and roads should not be blocked.
- The maximum stay limit is 5 days/nights.
- The Meyers Creek area offers recreation for hikers, hunters, mountain bikers, equestrians, and fishermen. Camping and RV camping on the cabin grounds is prohibited.
- Reservations can be made on www.recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777.
- Online reservations can be made for dates over 5 days in advance of your stay. For reservations within 5 days of your stay, you must call the Beartooth Ranger District at 406-446-2103.
- For more information on Meyers Creek cabin please visit our Forest Service offices in Red Lodge or Billings, or on the web site at www.fs.usda.gov/custergallatin.