Public Invited to Open House With Fish & Wildlife Commissioners on October 15 in Bozeman
The public is invited to an open house with Montana Fish & Wildlife Commissioners on Wednesday, October 15, at FWP Region 3 Headquarters in Bozeman (1400 S. 19th Ave.). The public is welcome to drop in at any time between 6 pm - 8:30 pm to visit with Commissioners, ask questions and present thoughts on various issues.
The Commission will also be meeting the following day (Thursday, Oct. 16) in Bozeman at the Region 3 Headquarters to make final decisions on the following:
• The relocation of 145 brucellosis-free bison to four possible locations to establish or amplify existing wild bison herds conditioned on the finding of no significant impact in the environmental impact assessment
• Two actions specific to the Marias River Wildlife Management Area (WMA), including a land exchange between FWP and the Marias River Bird Preserve and the settlement of an access agreement with a private landowner
• A 640-acre addition to Garrity WMA in Region 2
• A petition dealing with no wake rules on the Whitefish River in Whitefish
• Final 2015 fishing regulations
• Approval of an in-stream flow lease on Cow Creek in the Bear Paw Mountains
• Approval of temporary fishing access site closures at Eight Mile Ford and Sheep Mountain to allow for site improvements
The Commission will also examine a proposed temporary closure of the Sheds Bridge fishing access site, a channel mitigation easement on the Yellowstone River near Sidney, and an amendment to commercial use rules.
The public is welcome to attend and may find a copy of the meeting’s agenda online