Special Weather Statement for West Yellowstone and Bozeman Areas
Gallatin County has been included in the long list of Weather Statements for the next 48 hours. Temperatures are going to drop dramatically and snow will fall, especially in the higher elevations.
According to the National Weather Service:
- A COLD FRONT WILL BRING RAIN SHOWERS AND MOUNTAIN SNOW ABOVE 7000 FEET THIS EVENING ACROSS SOUTHERN MONTANA. AS THE COLD FRONT MOVES SOUTH TONIGHT.
- SNOW LEVELS MAY DROP TO NEAR 5000 FEET BY WEDNESDAY MORNING... AFFECTING MOUNTAIN PASSES.
- INCLUDING BOZEMAN... RAYNOLDS... MONIDA... AND BIG HOLE PASS.
- SNOW ACCUMULATIONS BY WEDNESDAY MORNING WILL REMAIN LIGHT.
- GENERALLY 1 TO 3 INCHES ON THE PASSES.
- ROADS MAY BECOME SNOW COVERED AND SLICK AT TIMES.
- THOSE TRAVELING OR WITH OUTDOOR INTERESTS SHOULD PREPARE FOR THE RETURN OF WINTER CONDITIONS. MORE SNOW IS THEN POSSIBLE FOR WEDNESDAY THROUGH THURSDAY WITH LIGHT TO MODERATE ACCUMULATIONS EXPECTED AT THIS POINT.