Things I’ll Never Understand
Cricket. That's one of the many things I'll never understand and I'm OK with that. But upon having a conversation yesterday with a friend, we both realized that there are so many day to day things that two grown, intelligent women will never understand.
(For the record, I'm sure there are plenty of women who understand and love Cricket but that isn't really the point.)
We made a mental list of things that we currently don't understand. Perhaps you can help with any of the following:
- Why it's not more convenient to recycle glass in Bozeman.
- Why nobody in the office will empty the vacuum canister when it's full.
- Why men will dwell on the one thing you did wrong four years ago instead of addressing whatever problem happens to currently at hand.
- How the airlines think it's OK to rip me off every time I fly now by charging extra for a freakin' bag. Can't they just factor that stuff into the price of the damn ticket in the first place?
- Why people continue to leave lengthy voicemail messages in this day of texting and/or emailing. I can't remember the last time I actually listened to a voicemail in it's entirety.
- How can children be calmed down so quickly with some scratch paper and pens. Wouldn't the world be a better place if that worked on adults?
The list goes on but it was worth mentioning since it was a reality check in how much we put up with on a day to day basis that would be seemingly easy to address. I was taught a great lesson a few years back about frustration: You have absolutely no control over the behavior of others. You only have control of how you REACT to other people and situations that you find frustrating.
Sit on that and let me know if you can answer the recycling question. That one really bugs me. -Michelle