Some Interesting New Music Being Released This Week
This week’s new album releases are significant, in that various new albums at least beg a listen. Check out what is hitting the shelves this week!
- Van Halen – “A Different Kind Of Truth” -VH back with Diamond Dave! Even though advance buzz is not giving this album much praise, I gotta hear it for myself. Apparently, David Lee Roth doesn’t sound all that good nowadays and the tracklist here is mostly recycled bootleg songs that never made it to a record. (so this will not be a purchase for me, but has to be a listen).
- Paul McCartney – “Kisses From The Bottom” – Sir Paul, you cheeky monkey! This new release from the former Beatle is a collection of standards from the past (apparently, stuff his parents used to listen to). Hey, it’s still something new from musical royalty. It’s at least worth a listen.
- Ben Kweller – “Go Fly A Kite” – Another solo album from sort of a musical prodigy. He is, at the very least, already a seasoned singer/songwriter at just the age of 30. Once again, he will be playing just about every instrument on this new album.
- The Fray – Scars & Stories – The band worked with Brendan O’Brien on this, their third album, the same producer who came to fame by also working with Pearl Jam and The Stone Temple Pilots. Word is, The Fray have never sounded better! I’m sure there is a future Moose play on here somewhere.
- Mark Lanegan Band – “Blues Funeral” – Mark is a well respected musician, probably best known as a former member of Screaming Trees and Queens of the Stone Age. This is the Mark Lanegan Band’s seventh album.