What Does St. Patrick’s Day in Butte, MT Look Like? [WATCH]
It's gorgeous and lots of fun as long as you're not lookin' for trouble. The proud Irish heritage of Butte families is on display with lots of events and of course, the parade.
March 17, 2017 -- St. Patrick's Day festivities including the parade that starts at noon. For more information about the parade, visit butteamericafoundation.org/paradeforms.
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade scheduled for Friday, March 17, 2017 at 12:00 p.m. in uptown Butte.
- Entry fee is $40.00 for general entries and $30.00 for non-profit organizations. This is necessary to cover costs associated with the parade and is non-refundable.
- Butte's mixed heritage and mining history brought in a large population of Irish immigrants.
- The annual celebration of Butte's Irish heritage (since 1882) is the annual St. Patrick's Day festivities.
- In these modern times about 30,000 revelers converge on Butte's Historic Uptown District to enjoy the parade led by the Ancient Order of Hibernians and celebrate in bars such as Maloney's, the Silver Dollar Saloon, the M&M Cigar Store, and The Irish Times Pub.
- The yearly event brings in visitors from all over the world and doubles the city's population for the day.
Here's footage from last year's St. Patrick's Day parade in Butte (2016),courtesy of Headframe Spirits: