Winter Is Coming, Check Your Headlights!
Bozeman motorists are notorious for not fully preparing their cars in the morning for the commute during the Fall and Winer. How many times have you seen the "one side of the windshield brush off" driving down the street?
Severe weather can be both frightening and dangerous for automobile travel. Motorists should know the safety rules for dealing with winter road emergencies.
AAA recommends the following winter driving tips:
- * Never warm up a vehicle in an enclosed area, such as a garage.
- * Make certain your tires are properly inflated.
- * Never mix radial tires with other tire types.
- * Keep your gas tank at least half full to avoid gas line freeze-up.
- * If possible, avoid using your parking brake in cold, rainy and snowy weather.
- * Do not use cruise control when driving on any slippery surface (wet, ice, sand).
- * Always look and steer where you want to go.
- * Use your seat belt every time you get into your vehicle.
Get ready....Bozeman will get it's first snow before you know it, even if we don't want to admit it. Being prepared is the best way to help YOURSELF and others on the road!