Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Bozeman Area Through Friday
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow is in the forecast for the Bozeman area, with several places in the Northern Rockies already receiving several inches of the white stuff. Here’s the latest:
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until noon MDT
Friday for elevations above 6000 feet…
A Winter Weather Advisory for elevations above 6000 feet remains
in effect until noon MDT Friday.
* Timing and main impact: snow will develop over the mountains
and in the higher valleys of far southwest Montana tonight
with snow continuing into Friday morning.
* Snow accumulations: four to eight inches of snow accumulation
can be expected in the mountains. West Yellowstone…
Raynolds Pass and Targhee Pass could see one to three inches
of slushy accumulation.
* Visibility: visibility could fall below one half mile at
* Elevations: for elevations above 6000 feet.
* Other impacts: highways could become slick and dangerous due
to slushy accumulations along roadways. In addition…
outdoor recreationalists should plan for significantly
colder and wet conditions.
* Locations affected include: Battle Ridge Pass… Targhee
Pass… West Yellowstone… Raynolds Pass
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities… and use caution while
For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana… dial 5 1 1.