Winter Weather Advisory Through Sunday Night
Spring begins this Wednesday (if you can believe that) but today will be snowy and breezy in SW Montana with this Winter Weather Advisory in effect until tonight.
A Winter Weather Advisory for elevations above 5500 feet for snow
and blowing snow remains in effect until midnight MDT tonight.
* Timing and main impact: periods of light snow will continue
through this evening... along with areas of blowing snow. There
will be breaks in the snowfall today... but expect mountain
passes to be snow covered and slippery at times.
* Snow accumulations: total snow accumulations of 3 to 6 inches
are expected in the mountains.
* Elevations: for elevations above 5500 feet.
* Winds and visibility: northwest winds at 15 to 25 mph... with
gusts to 40 mph... will reduce visibilities below one half mile
at times in blowing snow.
* Locations affected include: Big Hole Pass... Chief Joseph
Pass... Monida Pass... Boulder Hill... Elk Park Pass... Homestake
pass... Battle Ridge Pass... Bozeman Pass... Targhee Pass... West
Yellowstone... Flesher Pass... Lincoln... MacDonald Pass... Rogers
Pass and Raynolds Pass.