What College Has Been Named the Top Party School in the US?
Pop another keg in Athens, Ohio because Ohio University has been named the top party school in the nation by a student survey in the Princeton Review’s annual ‘Best Colleges’ edition.
Ohio University has made the best party school list 12 times since 1997, but this marks the first time it ranked number one.
The University of Georgia, which topped the list last year, placed second, while the University of Mississippi, University of Iowa and University of California, Santa Barbara rounded out the top five.
Needlessly to say, Ohio University’s administration wasn’t so thrilled with the the big honor.
“We take seriously our responsibility to help our students succeed in all facets of their experience, including addressing high-risk behavior,” Dean of Students Ryan Lombardi said in a statement. “We are disappointed in the party school ranking as it is not indicative of the overall experience of Ohio students and does not match the data we have collected.”
1. Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
2. University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.
3. University of Mississippi, Oxford, Miss.
4. University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
5. University of California Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, Calif.
6. West Virginia University, Morgantown, W. Va.
7. Penn State University, University Park, Pa.
8. Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fla.
9. University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.
10. University of Texas, Austin, Texas
11. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
12. Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
13. Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, La.
14. University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wis.
15. DePauw University, Greencastle, Ind.
16. Indiana University, Bloomington, Ind.
17. Arizona State University, Tempe, Ariz.
18. University of Maryland, College Park, Md.
19. University of Vermont, Burlington, Vt.
20. University of South Carolina, Columbia, S.C.
STONE-COLD SOBER SCHOOLS
1. Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
2. Wheaton College, Wheaton, Ill.
3. Wesleyan College, Macon, Ga.
4. U.S. Coast Guard Academy, New London, Conn.
5. U.S. Military Academy, West Point, N.Y.
6. U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, Md.
7. Calvin College, Grand Rapids, Mich.
8. Grove City College, Grove City, Pa.
9. Pepperdine University, Malibu, Calif.
10. City University of New York — Brooklyn College, Brooklyn, N.Y.
11. The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art, New York, N.Y.
12. U.S. Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, N.Y.
13. U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
14. Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering, Needham, Mass.
15. City University of New York — Queens College, Flushing, N.Y.
16. Thomas Aquinas College, Santa Paula, Calif.
17. University of Dallas, Irving, Texas
18. Agnes Scott College, Decatur, Ga.
19. College of the Ozarks, Point Lookout, Mo.
20. Gustavus Adolphus College, Saint Peter, Minn.