5 Spring Cleaning Tips You’ve Probably Never Heard Before
The calender will say March tomorrow, and now that I’m getting older that means more than just basketball and St. Patty’s Day. It’s time to do a little Spring cleaning. I must be getting older because I found some interesting cleaning tips from Reader’s Digest. Check out some of these easy, alternative cleaning methods that work.
Here are 5 cleaning tips you’ve probably never heard before, according to Reader’s Digest:
- Use Coffee Filters Instead of Paper Towels to Clean Your Windows. Paper towels can leave streaks and lint on the glass. Coffee filters won’t (and they’re just as cheap).
- Clean Your Microwave With A Cup of Water and Baking Soda. Just mix it together and microwave it until it starts boiling. It’ll get rid of any weird smell that’s been lingering and make it easier to wipe down the inside (use a coffee cup so you have a handle to grab when you take it out).
- Use Dryer Sheets to Clean Your Window Blinds. It creates an anti-static barrier that helps prevent dust from building up again.
- Use A Wet Pumice Stone To Clean Your Oven. This is only for really tough, blackened build-up (you don’t want to scratch anything). Apparently it works better than anything you can buy in a spray bottle.
- Use A Denture Tablet To Clean Your Toilet. Just drop one in and leave it for at least 30 minutes (or overnight if it’s really bad). After it dissolves, any stains on the inside of the bowl should come off easily with a toilet brush.