9 Tricks For Waking Up Without Caffeine
It's hard enough to wake up in the morning with coffee. I say it's damn near impossible without it...but here are some tricks people use to get out of bed, stay out of bed and wake up WITHOUT the help of our friend caffeine. These came from Reddit by the way. There's not much of a scientific basis here, just tricks people swear by.
- Immediately drink a glass of water.
- Put your feet on the ground as soon as you hear the alarm (coffee is usually my driving force here so good luck...see #3).
- Put the alarm clock on the other side of the room, so you have to get up to turn it off.
- Immediately get into the show (especially a cold shower).
- Don't do anything else in bed other than sleep or have sex. If you get used to eating, watching TV or reading in bed, your brain associates your bed with something other than sleep (getting to sleep later means a tougher wake up call).
- Plan your breakfast the night before (and make sure it's something you like). When you wake up, you'll be hungry and happy about eating.
- Eat an apple. Apparently, it works better than caffeine.
- Do 4 or 5 minutes of basic exercise (like stretching or jumping).
- Change the song or sound from your alarm clock regularly so you never get used to it.
I believe coffee is one of life's pleasures to always cherish, so I'm probably gonna stick with that. In case you'd rather chase down your alarm clock, stretch, eat an apple and jump into a cold shower all in the name of good health....there you go. Anyone else have any other tricks for waking up without caffeine?