High Wind Advisory for Butte Area and Homestake Pass Saturday, 50 mph Gusts Expexted
Caution should be used when traveling over Homestake Pass Saturday due to very gusty winds up to 50 mph through Butte and Anaconda.
According to the National Weather Service:
Wind Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM MDT this evening...
- Impacts/timing: strong gusty winds are expected to increase this
morning, lasting into the afternoon across portions of southwest
- The biggest impacts will be strong cross-winds for
high profile vehicles and choppy conditions for small craft on
- Winds: west to southwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 40 mph.
- By mid day today, wind gusts between 40 and 50 mph are expected
along Highway 141 from Ovando to Avon, MacDonald Pass, and along
Highway 1 from Georgetown Lake to Anaconda.
- Locations impacted include: Butte, Georgetown Lake, Highway 12
Garrison to Elliston, Homestake pass, and MacDonald Pass