HRDC’s Community Cafe Now Offering FREE Tax Assistance
Local IRS trained tax preparers are offering FREE tax preparation assistance through the VITA program (Volunteer Tax Assistance Program) at The Community Cafe and HRDC offices through April 15. Here's what you need:
HRDC’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax preparation to people who earn $53,000 or less, persons with disabilities, the elderly, and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
The Community Café - 302 N 7th Ave, Bozeman
January 26 - April 15
Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 1-4 pm Walk-ins are welcome.
HRDC Main Office - 32 S Tracy, Bozeman
HRDC Livingston Office - 111 South 2nd St
What to bring:
- Photo identification– MUST HAVE
- Social Security cards and birth dates for each member of the family
- W-2 forms for all jobs worked in 2014
- All 1099s for other income, if applicable
- Other tax-related documents
- Childcare provider name, address, and tax ID number
- Voided check for automatic deposit
- Copy of last year’s tax return– if you have it
If married filing jointly, both spouses need to be present to sign the tax return.