Winter Storm Warning For Lots Of Snow In Effect Until 11pm Friday
They seem pretty sure of themselves and the roads in Gallatin County are a mess. Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until late Friday night for LOTS of snow and cold temps.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow and blowing snow remains in
effect until 11 PM MST Friday for all of north central and
* Timing and impacts: snow… heavy at times… will continue
through tonight and into Friday. Gusty northerly winds will also
continue to reduce visibilities in areas of blowing snow through
the period… and cause very cold wind chills tonight. In
addition… roads will be snow covered due to the falling and
drifting snow… likely with icy conditions underneath.
* Snow accumulations: at lower elevations… mostly 8 to 12 inches
of snow… with isolated amounts up to 15 inches. In the
mountains… mostly 1 to 2 feet of snow… with isolated amounts
up to 3 feet.
* Winds and visibility: visibilities will be reduced to less than
one mile at times in heavier snow… and in blowing snow due to
northerly wind gusts in excess of 25 mph at times.
* Wind chills: temperatures falling to near or slightly below zero
overnight will combine with the gusty northerly winds to cause
wind chill temperatures mostly from 10 below to 20 below zero.
* Locations affected include: all of north central and southwest
Montana south and east of a line from Lincoln to Chester.