Winter Weather Advisory For Snow Through Tuesday 12/18/12
This Winter Weather Advisory is for SW Montana for snow and HIGH WINDS including West Yellowstone into Yellowstone National Park. Details here:
The Winter Weather Advisory for elevations above 6000 feet for snow
and blowing snow is now in effect until 11 PM MST this evening.
* Timing and main impact: areas of snow will continue into this
afternoon. Snow will diminish early this evening and mostly end
or become very light by late evening. The main impacts will be
reduced visibilities from snow and blowing snow... along with
snow covered passes.
* Snow accumulations: 5 to 10 inches of snowfall is expected with
locally higher amounts possible.
* Winds: local southwest wind gusts 50 to 60 mph will occur this
morning. For this afternoon expect southwest winds 20 to 30 mph
with gusts to 40 mph. Gusts to 60 mph will be possible. Winds
will diminish this evening.
* Visibility: visibility will be reduced to less than one half
mile in heavier snow and blowing snow.
* Elevations: for elevations above 6000 feet.
* Other impacts: the combination of snow... blowing snow... and
gusty winds will make travel and outdoor activities
* Locations affected include: Targhee Pass... West Yellowstone...
Big Hole Pass... Chief Joseph Pass... Monida Pass... Raynolds