A Tourist Teaches Me About the American Computer Museum – I’ve Never Actually Been There
For years it was downtown on Babcock, but now you'll find the American Computer & Robotics Museum up on Stadium Drive. Believe it or not, it's been around for 30 years and is highly regarded.
American Computer & Robotics Museum in Bozeman Montana has everything from antique office equipment, computers, communication devices along with artificial intelligence pieces and robotics.
It actually gets 4.8 stars out of 5 on Bozeman tourist sites to see! Called "Inch by inch the best museum in the world".
- Address: 2023 Stadium Dr #1a, Bozeman, MT
- Phone: (406) 582-1288
- HOURS: 12 noon to 4:00 pm (Closed Mondays & Holidays)
- Established: May 1990 by visionary collector George Keremedjiev
- The technology in the museum spans 4,000 years
- ADMISSION: Adults $7.50, Youth (ages 10-17), Seniors (65+) and Students $4, Kids (9 and under) Free, ACRM Members Free
- Group tours can even be scheduled outside of normal business hours as long as they're arranged in advance.
- Please sanitize your hands upon entering the museum, and bring your face mask.
- The museum holds special events and fundraisers which you can see here
Our exhibits span 4,000 years of human history, from original cuneiform tablets to the first personal computers, and include topics such as Artificial Intelligence, Quantum Computing, the Space Race, Cracking the Enigma Code, and more.
The video below was made by RV Vagabond Jerry this summer when he came through town. (Jerry always looks for the unusual when traveling so it's no surprise he picked our Computer Museum to feature on his channel.)
My channel is about RV education and my full time motor home travels and foreign cruises. On 6/30/17 I retired from my career as a CPA and headed out for my new life as a full time traveler. I drive from Alaska to Mexico and all over the USA and Canada.