Bozeman Car Nuts Will Love the New Museum of the Rockies Exhibit
The town is a car town, no doubt. From big trucks to vintage racing cars, the Bozeman area has a passion for horsepower. The new exhibit at the Museum of the Rockies will cater to that love in a gorgeous, artistic way.
The new exhibit at the Museum of the Rockies opens on Saturday, January 22nd, 2022. It's called "LUSTER: Realism and Hyperrealism in Contemporary Automobile and Motorcycle Painting”.,,and it looks COOL. (This exhibit, along with another new one, will be on display through May 1st.
NOTE: Museum of the Rockies members can see the exhibit EARLY, 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 21st.
If you love cars and appreciate art, this is going to be right up your alley. As a bonus, the MOR has always had a superpower of turning seemingly everyday topics into pretty spectacular displays where I KNOW I'll learn something and I'll definitely be 'wowed'.
So what exactly can you expect with this new "LUSTER" exhibit? According to the MOR:
“LUSTER” is a traveling exhibit of more than 45 paintings by more than 10 current realist and hyperrealist artists who use automobiles and motorcycles as their primary subjects. The exhibit intends to capture the vehicles’ status as icons of American art as well as symbols of the 20th and 21st centuries and encompasses a broad range of cars and motorcycles, from pre-1940 to more recent classic vehicles.
- MUSEUM HOURS: Daily from 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (except for 5 holidays)
- NEW EXHIBIT OPENS: Saturday, January 22md, 2022
- ADDRESS: 600 W. Kagy Blvd., Bozeman
- ADMISSION: Members are FREE
- Children (Under age 5) FREE
- $10.50 for Youth (Age 5 – 17)
- $12 for Montana State University Student, Staff, Faculty, and Alumni (with valid ID)
- $15.50 for Seniors (Age 65+)
- $16.50 for Adults (Age 18 – 64)
- All exhibits and planetarium shows are included in the price of admission
The Museum of the Rockies is a division of Montana State University, a Smithsonian Affiliate. To be clear, this is exactly what the MOR states about their COVID-19 policy:
Given the elevated rate of transmission of COVID-19 and its variants in our community, Montana State University and MOR recommend that all individuals over the age of two- vaccinated or not - wear face masks or coverings indoors on campus.