Jefferson River Flood Advisory at Three Forks Until Monday Morning
The Jefferson River experienced minor flooding this weekend with an advisory continuing until Monday morning. Silver Star saw water come out of the bank, although conditions are expected to improve quickly.
According to the National Weather Service:
- Flood Advisory for the Jefferson River near Three Forks.
- Lasting to Monday morning.
- At 8:00 AM Sunday the stage was 7.5 feet.
- Action stage is 7.0 feet.
- Flood stage is 8.0 feet.
- Forecast...The river is expected to gradually fall below action stage to 7.0 feet overnight Sunday into Monday morning, June 22.
- Impact...At 7.3 Feet...Water starts to come out of its bank on the Jefferson River near Silver Star and Waterloo in Madison County.
- The water is near the foundations of several homes. Waterloo Road and Riverside Drive have water on them.
- Impact...At 7.5 feet, At 7.5 Feet...Agricultural land floods near Three Forks.