Montana Breweries Win Big at North American Beer Awards
Fifteen Montana breweries were awarded a total of 26 medals at the North American Beer Awards on June 2, 2018.
The competition is held in Idaho Falls each year in early June in conjunction with the Mountain Brewers Beer Fest. Organized by the North American Brewers Association, this well-regarded competition is conducted as a single blind sampling followed by the rank ordering of the entries within a category.
Here are the winners from Montana:
406 Brewing Co.
- Silver – Run-off Brown – English-Style Brown Ale
Bitter Root Brewing Co.
- Gold – Barley Ridge Nut Brown Ale – English-Style Brown Ale
Bozeman Brewing Co.
- Gold – Gallagator Doppel Bock – Doppelbock
- Gold – Solar Power Super Bock – Helles BockMaibock
- Silver – Bozone Amber Ale Altbier
- Bronze – The Great One Double Red – Imperial Red Ale
Bridger Brewing Co.
- Gold – Ghost Town Coffee Stout – Coffee Beers
Bunkhouse Brewing Co.
- Silver – Ding Dong Stout – Chocolate/Cocoa Beers
Cabinet Mountain Brewing Co.
- Gold – Ross Creek Red – American-Style Amber Ale
Canyon Creek Brewing
- Gold – Copper – Scottish-Style Heavy
- Silver – Rob Moore Abbey Ale – Dubbel
- Silver – Eau Tableau – Belgian-Style Pale Ale
Draught Works Brewery
- Silver – Lemon Meringue Sour – American-Style Wild or Sour Ale
- Silver – Daywalker – American-Style Amber Ale
Great Northern Brewing Co.
- Gold – Good Med Montana Red Ale 11C – American-Style Strong Ale
- Silver – Going to the Sun IPA – English-Style India Pale Ale
Kalispell Brewing Co.
- Bronze – Winter at Noon Dunkel – Munich-Style Dark
Lewis and Clark Brewing Co.
- Gold – Miners Gold Hefeweizen – American-Style Hefeweizen
- Bronze – Tumbleweed IPA – English-Style India Pale Ale
Map Brewing Co., Bozeman, MT
- Silver – Speedy G Tequila Gose – Flavored Gose
- Bronze – Asphyxiation – Belgian-Style Dark Strong Ale
Mountains Walking Brewery
- Gold – Grazing Clouds – Hazy or New England-Style India Pale Ale
Red Lodge Ales Brewing Co.
- Gold – Liver Eatin Dunkelweizen – American-Style Dark Wheat Ale/Hefeweizen
- Gold – Last Chance Pearfection – Draft Cider, Farmhouse Style Cider and Apple Wine
- Silver – Last Chance Orchard Run – Draft Cider, Farmhouse Style Cider and Apple Wine
- Silver – Last Chance Flathead Cherry 19C – Fruit Flavored Ciders and Perrys
The full list of winners by brewery and style is available here.