5 Activities At Big Sky Resort Not To Be Missed Labor Day Weekend
Get your tickets now for the 2013 Spruce Moose Festival! We've got the evenings of Friday, August 30 and Saturday, August 31 mapped out for you in an epic way (Galactic, Chali 2na, Ozomatli and more). Here are some daytime suggestions to really make it a weekend to remember:
- The new Adventure Zipline is now open at Big Sky Resort - Ride up and then zip down on this awesome tour! Ride up on the Explorer Double Chair and take in expansive views of Lone Mountain and the Spanish Peaks of the Madison Range. Once at the top of the chair let the speed ziplining begin. Swoop down the mountain on four adrenaline pumping lines spanning up to 1500 ft. long and 150 ft. high!
- Ride Big Sky Resort's Scenic Lift - If you wanted to take in all the beauty that Big Sky offers in a more leisurely way, this would be the way to do it (although, you could bring your mountain bike up for some extreme downhill biking too). The scenic lift will be running Labor Day weekend (weather permitting).
- Take the Lone Peak Expedition - If you want to take in one of the very best views in Montana (and the country), you've got to go on the Lone Peak Expedition! This tram will take you to the top of Lone Mountain. A once-in-a-lifetime experience that will have you standing atop an 11,166 ft. summit. From here you can view two national parks, three states and various mountain ranges.
- Mountain Biking at Big Sky Resort - I touched on this earlier, but keep in mind that Big Sky Resort offers the area's only lift accessible downhill trails and, consequently, some of the best riding you'll find anywhere! The same lifts can also be your access to some beautiful hiking.
- Golfing at Big Sky Resort - Another leisurely way to enjoy some Big Sky beauty! I love this gorgeous 18 hole/par 72 Arnold Palmer course at Big Sky Resort. It's a unique course that sits 6500 ft. above sea level, offering longer drives and spectacular views.