5K Warming Hut Races for the Bozeman Warming Center February on 20th
Always had a warm place to sleep? Ever wondered where you could lay your head at night? Bozeman's Warming Center is 100% locally funded with NO federal dollars or grants. Gather a goofy team and build your 'warming hut' for this 2016 5K race!
- On Saturday, February 20th from 2:00pm – 6:00pm teams will compete in the first annual “Warming Hut Races.”
- Teams are invited to construct “warming huts” or small shed-sized units on skis or other modes of maneuvering the units on snow.
- Teams of 3-5 participants will compete in a short race along a track, pushing their themed huts.
- This event will take place in the MSU Tailgate area east of Bobcat Stadium.
- Skis and various construction supplies will be available and free for pick-up at the Warming Center, 2104 Industrial Drive, on Saturday, February 13 between 9am – noon.
- Spectators are invited to cheer on their team, vote for the Best in Show and People’s Choice, and enjoy beverages, food, music, and purchase cool event swag.
- This event is free to the public and will be quite the spectacle!
- The 1st Annual Warming Hut Races will benefit HRDC’s Warming Center, Bozeman’s only homeless shelter.
Since November, the Warming Center has provided a warm and safe place to sleep for over 160 unique individuals, the majority of whom are residents of the Gallatin Valley. The Warming Center is 100% community funded and does not receive federal dollars or grants.
Register your team today! Contact Robin Mayer at (406) 585-4853
See all the details, further information and rules HERE.