Bozeman Winter Weather Advisory Until 5am Saturday 2/11/2012
Finally the snow is back....but be careful out there. Some roads are really getting slick in the Bozeman area. A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 5 am Saturday.
* Timing and main impact: periods of light snow will continue over
central and southwest Montana through late tonight. The
heaviest snowfall will occur in the mountains. Snowfall rates up
to a half inch per hour can be expected at times through this
* Snow accumulations: total snow accumulations of 2 to 4 inches
are expected at lower elevations... with 4 to 8 inches in the
* Visibility: visibilities will be reduced to less than one
mile at times in areas of falling snow.
* Other impacts: expect untreated roadways to be snow covered
* Locations affected include: much of central and southwest
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana... dial 5 1 1.