It’s Getting Really Expensive To Be A True Woman Of Leisure In Montana
Let's say you had enough money that you didn't have to work a traditional job. At all. Income was just not an issue for you, so you were able to do what you wanted and buy what you wanted, whenever you wanted. I despise the term 'lady of leisure' but unfortunately there are few other phrases that depict the lifestyle we're trying to describe.
High-end sports classes and memberships. Jewelry. Cars. Beauty treatments. Fancy clothes. Frequent lunches. Top shelf cocktails. Airline tickets. There's a lot of things to spend oodles on money on. THE GREAT NEWS: of all the women we chatted with online and in person, many were eager to become philanthropic if they became 'wealthy'. It certainly wasn't all about vacations and fancy handbags.
Of course we'll take a look at the prices of expensive goods and habits, but it was quite reassuring to talk to women who were more interested in putting any new-found wealth to good use within their community. Think, guaranteeing free lunch programs are always well funded. Or basic women's health services being available anytime for absolute minimal cost or free. Touching, really. We'll cover BOTH ends of the spectrum.
- Lululemon City Adventurer Duffle Bag 29L: $168
- Lululemon Scuba Oversized Full Zip: $128
- Lululemon Wunder Train High-Rise Tight with Pockets 25": $128
- Louis Vuitton Dog Bag: $3,500
- Burberry Women's Note Leather & Vintage Check Crossbody Bag: $1,500
- Bottega Veneta Women's Padded Chain Cassette Bag: $5,500
- Louis Vuitton Passport Cover: $350
- Prada Brushed leather and nylon riding boots: $,2000
- Hermes Eleftheria pleated scarf: $1,700
- Hermes Mini H belt buckle & Reversible leather strap 24 mm: $725
Now of course a proper, wealthy, woman of leisure has to look the part not only with clothing but with services. Beauty treatments, hair, nails, wraps, etc. Those can add up very quickly. Let's take a peek at how much money you could spend on simply looking and feeling good if you had all that cash. (FYI - These are basic costs, and do NOT include appropriate tip.)
- Aveda Salon Master Stylist haircut, blow-dry, & style: $90
- Aveda Salon Master Stylist shampoo & style: $55
- Warm oil scalp treatment, 15 minutes: $50
- Aveda Salon Tulasāra facial treatment 90 minutes: $170
- Aveda Dual Exfoliation Peel 60 minutes: $155
- Body polish and seaweed wrap, 75 minutes: $165
- Eye lash extensions: $200 initial, $75 every 3 weeks
- Shellac manicure: $50 - $75 every 3 weeks
- Shellac pedicure: $60 - $90 every three weeks
- Botox injections: $300 - $500
We'll get to the charity avenue later, but now I'm curious about memberships, tickets, season passes, and other ways to fill my social schedule if I'm oozing money. Bigger cities obviously have more options to become a 'patron' that include tickets or memberships, but here's what we found for the Bozeman area:
- Orangetheory Gym Membership (Premier): $159/month
- Pure Barre Membership: $150 - $200/month
- Big Sky Resort Gold Season Pass: $2,400
- Riverside Country Club (Family): $15,000 initiation + $618/month + $240 minimum quarterly food and beverage spend.
- Bozeman Symphony season tickets: $155 to $422
- Montana State Football Season Tickets (Blue & Gold): $575/seat plus $550/seat required Bobcat Club contribution
- Black Bull Golf Membership (as a property owner): $20,000 deposit plus monthly dues of $725 per month
Alright, let's get to the REALLY expensive stuff: the cars. Fancy cars aren't everyone's thing, but I certainly enjoy them and I appreciate driving them. So often you'll see pricey rides of all kinds in the Gallatin Valley and I always think to myself - I bet that woman has no idea what that automobile is capable of. (Certainly that's not always the case, but let's be honest...it's not like tons of folks actually attend a proper driving school for a 400+ HP car. Which in my opinion is a shame. You've clearly got the money - learn what it can do!
- Mercedes AMG G Wagon 63 SUV: $179,000 (base)
- Mercedes AMG GLE 63 S: $120,000 (base)
- Lexus LX 600 SUV: $93,000 (base)
- Audi RS 7 biturbo V8, 621 HP: $128,000 (base)
Montana Luxury Grain Bins. Book Now on Airbnb.
Gallery Credit: Bejay Lindseth
The 10 Most Affordable Towns & Cities to Live in Montana for 2023
Gallery Credit: Nick Northern