Man Shot and Killed After Stabbing Sheriff’s Deputy
Some disturbing news from Phillips County early this morning where a man is dead after stabbing a Phillips's County Sheriff's deputy.
According to the Montana Departent of Justice at 11:15am:
- Early this morning, a Phillips County Sheriff’s deputy responded to a call about a suspicious male walking along US 191 near mile marker 122.
- When confronted, the suspect attacked and stabbed the deputy multiple times. The deputy discharged his firearm, killing the suspect.
- The deputy is currently in Great Falls for treatment and observation.
- The Phillips County Sheriff has asked the Montana Department of Justice’s Division of Criminal Investigation to investigate the incident.
- The Montana Highway Patrol is also assisting with incident scene management.
- Drivers should expect delays on US 191 until the incident scene is cleared.