So, There’s a Vacancy on the Bozeman City Commission…
Yup. You can now apply to be on the Bozeman City Commission with the resignation of the Mayor. No, you won't be applying to be the new Mayor.
The City of Bozeman has put out an official "Invitation to Submit Statement of Qualifications and Interest" to fill the vacancy on the current city commission.
The deadline to apply is 5pm on Tuesday, September 29th,2020.
There are some requirements to apply, but they're pretty straightforward.
- You must be a registered voter of the City of Bozeman
- Your primary residence is within city limits
- You must meet the requirements of holding public office in Montana
- You must submit a statement indicating your qualifications for and interest in the office of City Commissioner.
- The statement must be no more than 1000 words
- The statement must be received in the Bozeman City Clerk’s office no later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 29, 2020.
- information received by the Clerk after this deadline will not be considered
- Candidates must provide five printed copies and also email the statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The required information must be delivered to the Clerk’s office located at Bozeman City Hall, 121 N. Rouse Ave or by mailing it to: Mike Maas, Bozeman City Clerk, P.O. Box 1230 Bozeman, MT 59771-1230.
- All information submitted will be considered public information and will be available to the public via the City Clerk and may be posted on the city’s website
- The City Commission may make a decision on appointment as early as the regularly scheduled meeting on Tuesday, October 6, 2020.
- The public is encouraged to submit comments on the process of appointment or on individual candidates to the City Clerk’s Office.