The Best Halloween Candy? Retro Candy the Kids Won’t Know
Get strange looks and have a little fun this Halloween by handing out obscure (but delicious) old school candy bars that kids have never heard of.
To be fair, it's not just the kids who may not recognize these candy bars. They've been off the radar for a very long time. But classics are classic for a reason, right? Some of the "retro" options that we listed below are ALSO some of the most popular candies across the planet.
The good news is that all of the retro choices are honestly quite good. Some of the flavors may not be your cup of tea but the candy bars themselves are super tasty.
BUT, if you want to be boring, you can go ahead with the old standards. There's nothing wrong with being completely non-adventurous—but why not mess with the kids a bit? According to Candy Retailer, these are the top selling candy bars in the world:
- Hershey Chocolate Bar
- Milky Way
- Kit Kat
- Hershey Cookies 'n Cream Bar (who would have guessed?)
- Twix (did you know there are dozens of flavors of Twix across the world?)
- Nestle Crunch
- Reece's Take 5 (Really? THAT'S in the Top 10?)
- Nestle Chunky (remember...this list is global popularity. "made up of milk chocolate, roasted peanuts, and raisins")
- 100 Grand Bar
- Bit O Honey (geez, this is a surprise too...that wax paper that never came off all the way?)
So those are the BEST SELLING candy bars in the world. A couple of surprises, but not many. Now let's get to the retro ideas. You might have to spend a little more since most of these aren't available in smaller "fun size". Or maybe these old school choices would work best for those homes who don't get many trick-or-treaters.