10 Things to Know: Bozeman’s Christmas Stroll This Saturday
This Saturday, December 4th is the 41st Annual Bozeman Christmas Stroll in downtown. There are a few changes this year and we've got the full schedule of events here.
First of all, the very best way to support this much-loved downtown Bozeman event is to purchase a Christmas Stroll button. When you do, you ensure the fun activities will continue AND you'll be entered to win some nice prizes such as lift tickets and Downtown Dollars. Where can you purchase a Stroll button?
- Owenhouse Ace Hardware - 36 E Main St
- First Security Bank - 208 E Main St
- Chalet Sports - 108 W Main St
- Schnee’s Boots and Shoes - 35 E Main St
- Country Bookshelf - 287 W Main St
- Steep Mountain Tea House - 402 E Main St
- ERA Landmark/Downtown Visitor Center - 8 E Main St
- Heeb’s Grocery - 200 Highland Blvd
- Smith’s Supermarket - 1400 N 19th Ave
- Rosauers - 3255 Technology Blvd W
- Safeway - 1735 W Main St
- Albertson’s - 200 S 23rd Ave
- Map Brewing - 510 Manley Road
- Town & Country Foods - 1611 S 11th Ave
- Town & Country Foods - 219 N 19th Ave
Bozeman's Christmas Stroll day actually starts quite early with the Annual Santa Run for Education. This event benefits the Bozeman Schools Foundation. Day-of registration for this fun race starts at 8 am and the race start time is 9 am, REGISTER IN ADVANCE HERE.
(Race registration and start: 404 West Main, Willson Gym). Cost is $35 for adults 14+, $25 for kids 5 to 13, and t-shirts are included with all PAID registrations.
The Annual Gingerbread House Contest entries will be displayed IN A NEW LOCATION: Upstairs at the American Legion Building, 225 East Main Street.) They will be on display Friday, 12/3 from 10am to 6pm, Saturday, 12/4 from 10am to 8pm.
In addition to the specific events times below, you'll also encounter several activities such as candy cane giveaways, hot cocoa, ornament building and more. Keep your eyes open for the hot air balloons too!
- Live music from local school choirs: 4:00pm to 7:00pm (North Willson and Main Street)
- 4:00pm: Gallatin High School Jazz Choir
- 4:30pm: Christmas Tree Lighting - CJMS Select & Eagle Choirs with Santa on Main Street
- 5:00pm: Morning Star Elementary School Choir
- 5:30pm: CJMS Select & Eagle Choirs
- 6:00pm: Monforton Middle School Choir
- 6:30pm: Whittier Elementary School Choir
- 4:30pm: The Christmas Stroll Parade begins at the intersection of Main & Willson.
- 4:30pm to 7:30pm: Food vendors and non-profits on Main Street (booths). Enjoy food and beverages from some of your favorite local businesses and food trucks.
- 5:00pm to 7:30pm – Pictures with Santa at the Baxter Hotel (105 W Main Street) NOTE: CHRISTMAS STROLL BUTTON REQUIRED for pictures with Santa, COST IS $4 per button.
- 5:00pm to 7:30pm: Winter Circus Village at Main and Rouse Avenue for real circus tricks from 406Cirque. There will also be activities such as face painting at that location.
As always, if you'll be drinking at a local establishment this holiday season we encourage you to designate a sober driver or plan ahead to get an Uber. Please don't ever drink and drive. Let's enjoy this family friendly event for years to come!