8 Ways Dads Influence Their Kids More Than Moms
According to research, fathers have a significant impact on how smart their kids are, how well-behaved they are, how well they eat, how popular they are, how ambitious their daughters are, and how early daughters become sexually active. Happy Father's Day! Keep up the good work...Here's a list from CafeMom.com that might help.
Dads, some important things to remember from CafeMom.com:
1. Fathers can make their kids grow up smart. The way fathers talk when they play with their kids can have an important effect on language development. Infants who have involved and nurturing fathers grow up to have higher IQs!
2. Fathers can determine when their daughters become sexually active. When fathers are absent in their daughters' lives, the daughters tend to lose their virginity earlier in life.
3. Fathers can influence how well-behaved their children are. Depression in fathers of young children is linked to behavioral problems when the kids are older. Kids whose fathers are involved in their lives are less likely to get in trouble at school.
And here's something interesting: rough-housing between fathers and kids can help CONTROL bullying behaviors later. The theory is that it teaches children how to manage their aggressive impulses without losing control of their emotions.
4. Fathers influence their children's eating habits. One study found that the number of times a father ate fast food was the biggest influence on how often his children ate it. Children of authoritarian fathers are more likely to eat junk food.
5. Fathers can determine how popular their kids turn out to be. Children with an involved father are more confident and emotionally secure, and they tend to have better social connections with their peers.
6. Fathers can also have a special impact on their daughters' future success. According to research, fathers who believe in gender equality are more likely to have daughters with high career ambitions.