Air Quality Alert for Helena Area This Weekend
Folks with health issues may want to stay inside this weekend in the Helena area as the air quality has been deemed unhealthy.
- The Montana department of environmental quality has issued an air quality alert for the city of Helena in Lewis And Clark County, in effect until 900 am 1/7/2018 due to elevated particulate concentrations.
- This alert will be updated again at 900 am on 1/7/2018.
- An air quality alert means that particulates have been trending upwards and that an exceedence of the 24 hour National ambient air quality Standard (naaqs) has occurred or may occur in the near future.
- As of 9:00 am, particulate levels in Helena are unhealthy.
- When air quality is unhealthy, state and local health officials recommend that people with respiratory or heart disease, the elderly, and children should avoid prolonged exertion; everyone else should limit prolonged exertion.