19th Annual ‘Can the Griz’ Food Drive Begins on Sunday
The 19th annual Can the Griz food drive, an off-field competition between Montana State University and the University of Montana to see which school can collect the most donations for its local county food bank, begins Sunday, November 4.
The competition ends November 17th. The winner of the competition will be announced later that day. Can the Griz proceeds go to the Gallatin Valley Food Bank and benefits Bounty of the Bridgers: A Food Resource Council at MSU. The Bobcats have successfully canned the Griz 15 of 18 years!
Here are some ways you can donate:
- Organizers of the drive ask that nonperishable food donations be taken to collection locations throughout Bozeman to support those in need in Gallatin County. A list of participating locations can be found HERE!
- Monetary donations may be made directly to the Gallatin Valley Food Bank. Each dollar donated counts as 1 pound of food!
- Bring your cans to the MSU football games on November 3rd and 10th.
- Bring your cans to the MSU Men's basketball game on November 6th and receive $5 admission. Collection bins will be located at game entrances.
- Bobcat supporters can designate their contribution to MSU by telling the Gallatin Valley Food Bank or collection location host that their donation is for the Can the Griz food drive.
Jesse will be at Town & Country Foods in Belgrade collecting nonperishable food items on November 9 from 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
For more information on 'Can the Griz', click here.