Get Crackin’ if You Need to Rent a City Park – Limited Availability
If you're planning a summer gathering that requires renting space from the City of Bozeman, I suggest you get on that right away.
Who knows what the COVID-19 laws are going to be with regard to gatherings and spaces, but we expect many folks to still hold events that provide plenty of space for guests to feel safe.
The term 'social distancing' isn't going away anytime soon but we all are looking forward to gathering more with friends and loved ones for WHATEVER reason.
The City of Bozeman has some really great (and popular) spaces that are available to rent for events. You can see a full list of available spaces here.
There will be some differences this year. According to the City of Bozeman website as of January 2021:
- There will be no Friday rentals available at the Story Mansion, Beall Park or Lindley Park. (There may be SOME Friday evening availability. Please check the reservation calendar.)
- This particular Friday restriction is due to summer programming and the sites will be needed.
- Lots of these locations are going to be reserved for out-of-school activities and programs. Not knowing what COVID-19 restrictions and laws will be months from now makes it difficult to know how to plan safe activities for kids this Spring and Summer.
- The Story Mansion will not being available for rent until at least the end of May.
- Up to date details, pictures and reservation information can be found for all of the available facilities on the City of Bozeman website.
- You can follow the Bozeman Park and Recreation Department on Facebook here...
The moral of the story is to plan ahead and be flexible. This is probably going to be another very challenging year for family gatherings. Conditions and rules may change so if you aren't able to get the date and location you want RIGHT NOW, it might be worth checking back often.
Be safe, wear a mask and we hope to see you this summer out and about having fun!