Winter Weather Advisory for Snow and Wind Through Friday
More snow and very gusty winds are in the forecast for areas surrounding Bozeman through Friday night. 40 mph gusts are possible, reducing visibility while traveling.
According to the National Weather Service:
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM THURSDAY TO 11 PM FRIDAY.
- WHAT: Snow and blowing snow expected.
- Total snow accumulations of 2 to 4 inches are expected for most of the area
- localized amounts of 6 to 9 inches possible in the mountains and along the Idaho and Wyoming borders.
- Winds gusting as high as 40 mph will cause areas of blowing and drifting snow.
- WHERE: Beaverhead, Madison and Gallatin.
- WHEN: From 11 PM this evening to 11 PM MST Friday.
- EXCEPTION...This Advisory does NOT include the Bozeman Valley area and the Bridger Mountains.
- Hazardous travel conditions are expected.
- Plan on icy and snow packed roads. In addition, areas of poor visibility are likely, along with snow drifting onto the roads.