Yes, Butte is Having 2020 Fireworks Display on Friday, July 3
After some wavering back and forth, Butte officials have decided to go ahead with the 2020 Town Pump Fireworks Display, scheduled for Friday, July 3rd, 2020 at dusk.
You may need to find a new spot to watch the fireworks, due to the closure of two popular viewing areas: Chester Steele Park will be closed to the public the evening of July 3rd as will the Anselmo Mine Yard.
This year will mark 108 years that a fireworks display has taken place in Butte, MT on during Independence Day celebrations.
Per the Phase 2 reopening guidelines, folks are encouraged to enjoy the fireworks but avoid crowds of more than 50 people when viewing the 2020 Town Pump Fireworks Display in Butte. If you find yourself in a crowded space, officials strongly urge you to wear a mask.
(There's plenty of room in town...viewing while distancing shouldn't be a problem!)
- WHAT: 2020 Town Pump Fireworks Display (Butte, MT)
- WHEN: Friday, July 3rd, 2020
- WHERE: The actually display will take place by the "Big M" in Butte, MT
- TIME: Display will begin at dusk
- Big Sky Fireworks will be putting on the actual fireworks display