ALERT: Air Stagnation Advisory for Libby, Seeley Lake Until Saturday
Poor air quality is developing in parts of western Montana due to very light winds and pollutants building up in the air, prompting an Air Stagnation Advisory.
You'll find very specific locations below that have been identified as trouble areas for this Air Stagnation Advisory.
According to the National Weather Service:
- AIR STAGNATION ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM SATURDAY.
- WHAT IS INVOLVED IN THIS AIR STAGNATION ADVISORY...Area will experience deteriorating air quality due to light winds and reduced vertical mixing expected.
- WHERE IS THIS AIR STAGNATION ADVIROY LOCATED...Libby, Highway 56 Bull Lake Road, Highway 200 Bonner to Greenough, Highway 83 Seeley Lake to Condon.
- Basically, this is a body of stale, dirty air hanging over certain places because they've had no wind to blow it out of the area.
- WHEN DOES THIS AIR STAGNATION ADVISORY TAKE PLACE...From 11 PM this evening to 11 AM MST Saturday.
- IMPACTS OF THIS AIR STAGNATION ADVISORY...Periods of air stagnation can lead to the buildup of pollutants near the surface.
- PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... People with respiratory illness should follow their physician's advice for dealing with high levels of air pollution during periods of stagnant air.
- According to state air quality agencies, prolonged periods of stagnant air can hold pollutants close to the ground where, obviously, people live, work and play.
- Be advised that folks with any sort of breathing issues should take extra measures to stay healthy.
- Although most 'Burn Seasons' have come to and end but please check with your local burn agency for any current restrictions in your area during this Air Stagnation