Another Foot of Snow Possible South of Bozeman
Really. Folks above 5,000 are under a Winter Weather Advisory with 12 inches of snow possible at the highest elevations on the 191 corridor down to West Yellowstone.
According to the National Weather Service:
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO NOON MDT
FRIDAY ABOVE 5000 FEET
- WHAT...Snow expected above 5000 feet. Total snow accumulations 2 to 6 inches through passes and areas along US-191 south of Bozeman, 6 to 12 inches expected over the mountains.
- WHERE...Gallatin County, mainly south of Bozeman and along US-191.
- WHEN...From noon today to noon MDT Friday.
- Travel could be very difficult at times.
- Plan on slushy road conditions, especially along US-191 from Bozeman to West Yellowstone.
- In addition, wet and cold conditions will cause stress for newborn livestock.
- The hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening commute.
- The latest road conditions can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.