Area Mountains Could See 6″ by Friday Night
With Spring tans being sported around town, our mountains could see well over 6" of fresh snow by Friday night with a Winter Weather Advisory blowing into the county.
According to the National Weather Service:
- WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THURSDAY TO
NOON FRIDAY ABOVE 6500 FEET.
- WHAT...Snow expected above 6500 feet. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 5 inches, with locally higher amounts in the mountains.
- WHERE...Elevations above 6500 feet in Madison and Gallatin Counties, which includes West Yellowstone, Raynolds Pass, and Targhee Pass.
- WHEN...From 9 PM this evening to noon MDT Friday.
- IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions and periods of reduced visibilities.
- This advisory does not include Bozeman, Ennis, Bozeman Pass, or Norris Hill.
- Slow down and use caution while traveling.
- The latest road conditions can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.