Flood Advisory North of Helena Through Friday
Rain and snow melt on the Dearborn River near Wolf Creek have prompted a Flood Advisory until Friday at 6pm.
According to the National Weather Service:
- The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a Flood Advisory for: Rain and snow melt in West Central Cascade County in central Montana, Central Lewis and Clark County in west central Montana.
- In effect until 6:00 PM Friday.
- Rain and snow melt will cause minor flooding along portions of the Dearborn River.
- Between 1 and 2 inches of rain have fallen in the past few days in this region.
- The rainfall, combined with snow melt has resulted in the river rising to near flood stage.
- With the Dearborn River near flood stage, minor flooding could develop at times for locations along the Dearborn River.
- "Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads." Most flood deaths occur in vehicles.